2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoons baking soda (check expiration date first)
1 teaspoons baking powder
pinch kosher salt
1 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs, separated
2 cups buttermilk
4 tablespoons Pot Butter
1 stick butter, for greasing the pan (or you can use more of your Pot butter!)
- Combine all dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg whites and the buttermilk in a small bowl. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the melted butter.
- Combine the buttermilk mixture with the egg yolk mixture in a large mixing bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the liquid ingredients on top of the dry ingredients. Using a whisk, mix the batter just enough to bring it together. Don’t try to work all the lumps out.
- Lightly butter the pan for each batch of pancakes.
- Ladle the pancake batter onto the griddle and sprinkle on fruit or chocolate chips if desired.
- When bubbles begin to set around the edges of the pancake and the pan-side of the cake is golden, gently flip the pancakes.
- Continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the pancake is set.
- Serve immediately or cover with a towel. Hold in a warm place for 20 to 30 minutes.